POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : detail information about location of camera : Re: detail information about location of camera Server Time
15 May 2024 08:49:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: detail information about location of camera
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 6 Jan 2014 09:05:01
Message: <52cab80d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 06/01/2014 07:06, Simon a écrit :
> Hello!
>
> Due to the need of my research, I eagerly need the specific information of
> location of camera.
>
> The help file only tells location is the position of the camera, but which
> part of a real camera does this position describe? Is it the optic center,
> principle point or other parameter of a real camera?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Simon^__^

Assuming a perspective camera (the default), the location of the
Povray's camera is equivalent to the location of the pinhole in the
perfect camera obscura.

for orthographic camera, it is the location of the center of the picture.

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.