POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is Gail when you need her? : Re: Where is Gail when you need her? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is Gail when you need her?
From: Doctor John
Date: 5 Jan 2014 16:27:33
Message: <52c9ce45@news.povray.org>
On 05/01/14 21:18, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 05/01/2014 08:25 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>
>> does this look sane to you?
>
> My database design lecturer would be complaining about ACTORS being
> plural while everything else is singular. Myself, I'm a little bit
> puzzled about the purpose of TRANSACTION1 and TRANSACTION2...

TRANSACTION1 is the initial payment to the bank. TRANSACTION2 is a later
payment by a bank* to an actor; it therefore requires a different date
(usually but not always specified) as well as a way of specifying where
it will be enacted.

*It appears that  there was some degree of trust between banking
families so that the Gallerani (say) would pay out on behalf of the
Borromei.

Incidentally, the IsChurch boolean is purely there to make it easier to
isolate Vatican transactions.

John
--
Protect the Earth