POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) : Re: Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humorinJim's case) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humorinJim's case)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Jan 2014 16:58:30
Message: <52c88406$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 10:19:23 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> I get mood swings. Sometimes it's way over and occasionally a bit under.
> I have never seen a meter reader since I moved here 18 months ago. When
> I get my bill I phone in the correct readings.
> I wonder who wrote the Disneyware that the Utility companies are using
> for software.

Mickey did, obviously. ;)

Yeah, sometimes the budget calculations are off a bit, hence the annual
adjustment.  But we don't see meter readers come around any more either,
at least not that I've seen.

> When I was made redundant from the Oil Industry I paid off my cards and
> always pay the full amount every month. If I let it slip, I know what
> would happen.

Yep, that's our plan as well.

> Having said those words of wisdom. I am spending between 400 & 600 GBP
> per week just on flights and hotels. And there is a lot of juggling
> between accounts to keep limits in check.

I guess that's something you pay for and get reimbursed for?  One of the
fun parts of being self-employed.

>> Nice move.  You know, I've been thinking about a project, actually -
>> transcriptions of all games from the show that there are recordings of
>> (or that I have recordings of), map them out, and run some statistics
>> on what's popular, what moves are popular, and what rules are invoked
>> at what times.
>>
>> Elephant & Castle, just for some variety. :)
>
> Now there is a thing. On Thursday, I was offered a job at the Elephant,
> without an interview if I could start on Monday. I had interviewed for a
> similar job in November and did not get it. Nice to be asked but I have
> organise a UAT the week after next.

Interesting.... UAT?

> Another festive theme is funny animals so. Oft we go to Catford.

Oooh, nice move.  I'll be interested to see what John does in response to
that. :)

Jim