POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) : Re: Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humorinJim's case) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humorinJim's case)
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Jan 2014 05:19:41
Message: <52c7e03d$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/01/2014 5:36 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 00:17:50 +0000, Doctor John wrote:
>

>> We have something similar here but it tends to over estimate your
>> consumption (or has done in the past) so I prefer to get stung only half
>> the time.

I get mood swings. Sometimes it's way over and occasionally a bit under.
I have never seen a meter reader since I moved here 18 months ago. When
I get my bill I phone in the correct readings.
I wonder who wrote the Disneyware that the Utility companies are using
for software.

> Yeah, I'm actually surprised the last charge that went over the limit
> wasn't declined, that's what's supposed to happen.
>
>>> And one of those cards we've been using to help get us through the belt
>>> tightening just turned up to be at its limit. :/
>>>

>> I'm not at my limits yet but it's getting close.

When I was made redundant from the Oil Industry I paid off my cards and
always pay the full amount every month. If I let it slip, I know what
would happen.
Having said those words of wisdom. I am spending between 400 & 600 GBP
per week just on flights and hotels. And there is a lot of juggling
between accounts to keep limits in check.

> It's been 3 years since the layoff, and while we've been mostly treading
> water, there have been some unexpected expenses (had to buy a new tire
> last week because we ended up with nails in two, and one couldn't be
> repaired).
>
>> Of course , Stephen is horrifically rich and is at this moment heading
>> for St Pancras International, so ...:

No! It is St Pancras International on Monday. (Trains don't fall out of
the sky.)

>> Green Park

{Still keeping the colour thing going, I see. A good choice for a new
year, though.}

> Nice move.  You know, I've been thinking about a project, actually -
> transcriptions of all games from the show that there are recordings of
> (or that I have recordings of), map them out, and run some statistics on
> what's popular, what moves are popular, and what rules are invoked at
> what times.
>
> Elephant & Castle, just for some variety. :)

Now there is a thing. On Thursday, I was offered a job at the Elephant,
without an interview if I could start on Monday. I had interviewed for a
similar job in November and did not get it. Nice to be asked but I have
organise a UAT the week after next.

Another festive theme is funny animals so. Oft we go to Catford.

--
Regards
     Stephen