POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) : Re: Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jim, Stephen and any person with a sense of humour (or humor in Jim's case)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Jan 2014 18:24:06
Message: <52c74696@news.povray.org>
Re: Humour vs. Humor - I've always said I'm bilingual - I speak American
and English, so feel free to use English spellings around me. ;)

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 22:44:56 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> Jim, did you not not say in the last game of MC that you missed a good
> Holy War? Looks like two came along at once :-D

Hehehehehehe.

> Anyhow ... Now that Xmas and New Year is over, we count the cost.
> I have just received my energy bills for the last quarter. In spite of
> reducing my household consumption by following the advice offered by HM
> Government, my bill is up by 20%.

Ouch.  We have a thing here called "budget billing," which takes the
average consumption over a year and spreads the cost out - they adjust it
annually, as I recall, but that helps us not see a cost spike in the
winter.

> The Feegle is going to a new school which requires the purchase of a
> uniform (they didn't have one in his last one).
> ... and there appear to be two three bills realting to something called
> Visa, Amex and MasterCard.
> Oh, woe is me!

I feel that pain - well, not the uniform, but the belt tightening.  We
are still trying to sell our house, and if we do, we'll get to pay
everything off that we owe on and have some money left over (enough for
about a year's worth of rent where we want to move to, moving expenses,
last year's taxes, and a few other things).  But we need to shift it in
the next month or two.

And one of those cards we've been using to help get us through the belt
tightening just turned up to be at its limit. :/

Jim