POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The TSA attrocities : Re: The TSA attrocities Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The TSA attrocities
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Jan 2014 13:40:34
Message: <52c70422$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 04:35:35 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 07:11:40 -0500, Warp wrote:
>
>> > Please read what I wrote. I said that the US feels *like* a police
>> > state,
>
>> You said:
>
>> > Or how about doing what every other western country is doing, *and
>> > not being such a police state?*
>
>> Emphasis added.
>
>> Try reading what *you* wrote, and maybe you'll understand why you piss
>> people off so much.
>
> Of course take a sentence and ignore all the explanations that came
> later.

That is the statement that I was reacting to.  You compared the state of
affairs in US to the Stasi, effectively Godwinning the discussion - you
clearly don't get your information from actually being here, yet you
insist that those of us who *live* here are wrong.

So yes, I read what you wrote, and I reacted to it.  And you got all pissy
about my reaction, and I decided not to play any more, and then you
started getting personal.

Now, if you *want* to have a reasonable discussion, don't just write
opinions, listen to what people are saying to you and acknowledge that
you don't understand the entire picture because you only see what's
reported in the news, and that's a skewed way to build a picture of
*anything*.

Jim