POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The TSA attrocities : Re: The TSA attrocities Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The TSA attrocities
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Jan 2014 10:49:53
Message: <52c58aa1@news.povray.org>
On 02/01/2014 12:11 PM, Warp wrote:
> "It's not the individual actions, or their frequency, that give a vibe
> of a police-state-like system."
>
> Please read what I wrote.

I did read what you wrote. I was replying to the subtext.

> I said that the US feels*like*  a police state,
> and the reason was not the*frequency*  of the abuse, but the*reaction*
> of the government and officials to it.
>
>> >Lots of 4 am knocks on doors, makes for a Police State.
> How about people, especially if they are not white, getting regularly
> stopped by police simply for walking on the street?

That is racism, Police State-ism (;-) )applies to the majority of the
state. Not just a few ethnic groups.

>> >As for surveillance, Britain probably has the most in Europe and I don't
>> >hear us being called one, often.
> "Other countries do it too" doesn't diminish the severity or meaning.

A sentence can be more than the sum of the words.

Your point is not the point that I was making. Not in the slightest degree.

--
Regards
     Stephen