POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell!
From: Warp
Date: 2 Jan 2014 07:05:54
Message: <52c55622@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Sin is sin and God hates sin but He loves us. Sin deserves death. That is
> why Jesus died for our sins in our place - because we cannot do it
> correctly out of ourselves. When we are one with Jesus, we do His will.
> Jesus let the woman that was caught in idolatry free, yet with the words
> "Sin no more".

> If we love sin we won't want Jesus. Heaven is open to everyone. Heaven
> belongs to Jesus and if you don't want to go to Jesus, you don't have to.

But the question is: Would you stone someone to death because they worked
on sabbath day?

And please try to understand my point. I'm not asking if the commandment
was given to gentiles. I'm not asking if the old testament judiciary
system is still in place to enact these punisments. I'm asking if you
*honestly* think that it's a good and just punishment, and therefore
would have no problem in participating in its enactment.

If you answer yes, then please don't be offended if I say that I don't
believe you. If you answer yes, I think that you are only compelled to
do so because else you would face a contradiction in your own beliefs.
If you are completely honest, you would agree that the punishment is
both barbaric and completely disproportionate, and that you would never
personally grab a stone and throw it to kill someone, no matter what
they did.

--
                                                          - Warp