POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The TSA attrocities : Re: The TSA attrocities Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The TSA attrocities
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Jan 2014 06:51:25
Message: <52c552bd$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/01/2014 11:06 AM, Warp wrote:
> It's not the individual actions, or their frequency, that give a vibe
> of a police-state-like system, it's the fact that they mostly can do
> it with impunity. Most of the abuses go unpunished, either because
> the authorities are unwilling to investigate or, in the worst case,
> because nothing illegal was actually done.

I think that you go a bit too far saying that America is a Police State.
You say that it has a high level of abuse and corruption. But that
doesn't make it a Police State.
Lots of 4 am knocks on doors, makes for a Police State.
As for surveillance, Britain probably has the most in Europe and I don't
hear us being called one, often.

--
Regards
     Stephen