POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Any Raspberry Pi users here? : Re: Any Raspberry Pi users here? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any Raspberry Pi users here?
From: scott
Date: 2 Jan 2014 03:34:41
Message: <52c524a1$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm considering the purchase of a kit - including case, power supply, wifi
> adapter, and possibly a wireless keyboard.  Oh, and the board itself (the
> model b).

I didn't have any luck finding a wifi dongle that would work reliably on
the OS's I was using, so in the end I bought one of these:

http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/?model=TL-WR702N

It's powered by USB and has an RJ-45 connector, so as far as the pi is
concerned it's hard wired to the router. The box has also come in useful
several times for other devices without wifi.

Also, a powered USB hub is useful, I found it powers the pi by the USB
link so you won't need a separate PSU for the pi.