POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [std inc] array manipulation macros : Re: [std inc] array manipulation macros Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [std inc] array manipulation macros
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Jan 2014 03:17:14
Message: <52c5208a@news.povray.org>
Le 30/12/2013 11:37, Fractracer a écrit :
> W³odzimierz ABX Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg> wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:08:28 +0200, W³odzimierz ABX Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>
>> wrote:
>>> macros for arrays.inc. Here they are.
>>
>> I wonder why my effort was wasted?
>>

> I am surprised also, I have searched for macros like this, why they are not
> include in the file arrays.inc (where they are simply named and commented)?

If you look at the date of the first message (2002), I believe there
might be a problem of licensing:
 * there is no explicit license in the first message
 * at that time, the license of povray was different from the current
AGPL (if I got that right)
 * cannot contact the original poster to clarify

(and to make matter more complex: Poland might not recognize IP about
trivial algorithm but some bigger confederations on other continent
might: so the lack of explicit license might not be a problem in Poland,
but the usage as such in a state of U.S.A. might violate (or not) one or
more patents...)

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.