POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Jan 2014 00:40:01
Message: <52c3aa31@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:27:08 -0600, John VanSickle wrote:

> A lot of us would love to bring education and enlightenment to these
> other places, but their governments actively frustrate this goal.

Indeed, education is anathema to power in many places, ignorance keeps
people from asking too many uncomfortable questions.

We're starting to see that in the US.  OK, it's not just starting now,
it's been a long road to get a lot of people in this country to become
ignorant (and thus to vote against their own interests).

Jim