POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The TSA attrocities : Re: The TSA attrocities Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The TSA attrocities
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 31 Dec 2013 18:54:47
Message: <52c35947$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 22:34:58 +0100, clipka wrote:

> Am 31.12.2013 10:52, schrieb Warp:
>> Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>>> Back in the twit filter you go.
>>
>> Now this is something that has always puzzled me. What possible
>> advantage could you possibly achieve by self-censoring someone's posts?
>> I just don't get it. It just feels like putting your fingers in your
>> ears and shouting "lalalala I can't hear you!" And as a side-effect you
>> stop seeing *everything* I write, even if completely unrelated.
>
> Preventing oneself from getting all upset over someone else's postings
> and from the frustration of knowing that a venting reply won't do any
> good?

Bingo.  It's for my blood pressure.  Historically, the things that Warp
writes in threads like this do nothing but wind me up, because I think is
arguments are ultimately stupid and pointless.  I've tried a number of
times to have the debates, and the end result is the same:  My blood
pressure goes up, I get angry, and nothing is achieved.

Since it happens on a number of topics, there's no point in reading
anything he writes, because historically what he's written has made me
angry more often than not because he comes across as completely ignorant
and unwilling to listen to reason.

> Been there, done that.
>
> Can't see the advantage of making that decision public though.

I usually don't either, but in Warp's case I make an exception.  By not
replying, I'm not saying I agree with him.  I'm saying the argument is
stupid, and if he wants to Godwin the discussion, I don't really care.

But yeah, usually I just walk away from it.

Jim