POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell!
From: Warp
Date: 30 Dec 2013 10:23:15
Message: <52c18fe3@news.povray.org>
Fractracer <lg.### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Maybe I am wrong, but, of the three religions based on the Bible (Jewish,
> Christian, Muslim), only the Christian's book don't justify or allow the murder.

Death penalty by stoning is decreed in the Bible. (And no, Jesus did not
repeal that. And no, I'm not in the mood to start a biblical debate on
the subject.)

There's also quite a clear command to kill witches (which likewise is
not repealed anywhere.) This particular passage has been used countless
times to kill people, even nowadays.

Most Christians let secular morality and concepts of human rights trump
those commandments, which is a good thing. Unfortunately not all of them.

--
                                                          - Warp