POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another isosurface image of clouds. : Re: Another isosurface image of clouds. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another isosurface image of clouds.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 29 Dec 2013 10:12:01
Message: <52c03bc1@news.povray.org>
On 12/28/2013 06:33 PM, Fractracer wrote:
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>> Here finished an image of clouds I've been playing with on and off for a
>> while. Three isosurface shapes. One light. Radiosity. Render time almost
>> 2 hours, i7-920.
>> Bill P.
>
> It seems like an abstract wall.

Yes, it could be. :-) Truth is most of my images end up relatively flat
because I don't have the skill - and so time - for more complex images.

This one started with me trying to somewhat mimic a photo my daughter
took with her cell phone. I'll attach it. I never got there - eventually
failing my way to this more abstract, wall like, image.

Oddly, what I like about povray as a hobby is I know I'll never master
the whole of it. No matter, the exploration and learning itself is fun
and failure can lead to interesting images.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'daughterpuddle.jpg' (130 KB)