POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Any Raspberry Pi users here? : Re: Any Raspberry Pi users here? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any Raspberry Pi users here?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Dec 2013 17:36:15
Message: <52bf525f@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 21:53:21 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 28/12/13 21:32, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I'm considering the purchase of a kit - including case, power supply,
>> wifi adapter, and possibly a wireless keyboard.  Oh, and the board
>> itself (the model b).
>>
>> Wondering if anyone has seen any good deals for those in the US?
>>
>> Jim
>>
> ...and that will bring the total number of machines in your house to how
> many? ;-)

Depends on what you consider a "machine."

We have:

 2 laptops
 2 desktops
 1 server (being replaced with one of the desktops - it's an older 32-bit
system)
 1 PS3
 2 Android phones
 1 Android tablet
 2 Android-based eReaders

Oh, and an old desktop that's headed to the recyclers. :)

The RPi is probably going to end up being a media server - I can't stream
Spotify to the Playstation, and the RPi with Mopity can stream it to the
stereo without turning the projector on. :)  But it'll also be used to
play videos without using the PS3 as a DLNA client, freeing up some
memory on the desktop that hosts the DLNA server, as the transcoding
engines have been giving me some trouble lately. :)

> I'm up to 6 (not counting the Feegle's box or tablets) as I write; if I
> go ahead with the purchase of the DNUK machine (at 2.2K GBP) I'm
> considering, it will be 7.

I guess we're at 11 if you count the Android devices.  That doesn't count
virtual machines that I use regularly, either. :)