POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The TSA attrocities : Re: The TSA attrocities Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The TSA attrocities
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Dec 2013 16:31:36
Message: <52bf4338@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 08:19:55 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> Whilst I agree completely with your your viewpoint can I point out that
> the real problem IMHO is that there appears to be no deterrent to the
> TSA agents actions.

This is certainly a problem, but another problem (as a fairly seasoned
post-9/11 air traveler in the US myself) is that while these types of
events are horrible and should not happen, they are quite an exception,
too, and may not be indicative of a systematic problem of enforcement,
but rather show that - as with any hiring process - it's not perfect, and
the screening that new hires the TSA brings on board may be missing
things that would filter out people who are prone to this type of
misbehavior.

Millions of people travel by air in the US every day, and this doesn't
happen every time, or even close to every time.  It might be interesting
to see what percentage of travelers actually have problems like this
going through security checkpoints at US airports.  I'd wager it's
significantly less than 1%, and probably significantly fewer than 1 in
100,000.

Jim