POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hardware : Re: Hardware Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:34:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardware
From: Warp
Date: 27 Dec 2013 15:45:50
Message: <52bde6fd@news.povray.org>

> yet, it produces 2,200 GFLOPS (and has twice the RAM).

From what I have gathered, right now the GTX 770 is the card that ought
to give you most bang for your buck. It seems to be right in the sweet
spot from a performance/price point of view. It seems to be the most
efficient of the medium-priced cards (at about 300 euros), the next
more efficient GTX card making a very significant jump in price (over
500 euros).

Given that performance charts put it at about exactly twice as efficient
as my own current card (GTX 560), and this one still performs extremely
well even with newest games, the GTX 770 should last for a relatively
long time before it becomes too slow.

If 300 euros is way too much, I haven't investigated what would be the
best performance/price card on the cheaper side (100 euros and under),
so I really can't tell. Personally, I wouldn't consider the 300 euros
a bad investment for the GTX 770. (Actually I would even buy it myself
if the GTX 560 didn't seem to fare so well even with newest games.)

--
                                                          - Warp