POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas : Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Dec 2013 14:01:44
Message: <52b9da18@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 15:45:37 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> That was more Johnson's forte.
>>
>> Certainly.  Pity Baldric burned Johnson's dictionary. ;)
>
> Bugger! I meant Jonson as in:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Jonson
>
> Even if Baldric did so. There are plenty in America. It is used to help
> determine the meanings of the words at the time of your constitution.

Ah, well, you know how well *that* is working out for us now.  Words only
mean what's convenient for our personal opinions and views these days.
Free speech, for example, is for those who think everyone should say
"Merry Christmas" this time of year, regardless of their personal
beliefs.  It's not for people who wish others "Happy Holidays".

Or it's for people who say bigoted things, not for those who would make a
value judgment and respond "hey, that's a bigoted thing, and free speech
doesn't mean 'speech without consequences'."

>>> I was referring to Cleopatra's love unmanning Anthony.
>>> It is often used as an argument against the criticism of using a noun
>>> as a verb.
>>>
>>> Please Sir! "Shakespeare did it."
>>
>> Ah, I must make a note to re-read Shakespeare.  Or in some cases, to
>> read it. ;)
>>

> Better to see them, IMO.

Well, yeah, but we don't exactly have the RSC here in Utah.  Though we do
have an annual Shakespeare festival in the southern part of the state.

Jim