POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5 : Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 6 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 6
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Dec 2013 10:09:00
Message: <52b9a38c$1@news.povray.org>
On 24-12-2013 15:43, Robert McGregor wrote:
> I'm amazed at how complex Gancaloon has become, this is great! With it's
> fantastic backstory you could produce your own high quality graphic novel based
> in this place...
>
> After seeing these trees I just downloaded tomtree so I can give it a try
> myself, thanks for that.

Thanks indeed, Robert. Gancaloon is slowly taking body, yes, while the
story behind it is partly in my head, partly noted down in sketchy bits
of text, and a growing corpus of images of course.

Gently prompted by Stephen :-) I am working on an elaborate extension to
the tomtree documentation. In due time it will appear here.

I have also been looking critically at the code. One of the things that
does not work well as it should are the pseudo random rotations. I would
like them improved but the code is extremely complex :-( and even if
succeeding, there would be the matter of a new POV-Tree version to
consider. Unfortunately Gena disappeared from the POV-Ray world...

Thomas