POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : It has nothing to do with Islam, but ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  It has nothing to do with Islam, but ...
From: Lars R
Date: 23 Dec 2013 14:09:21
Message: <52b88a61$1@news.povray.org>
>> But nearly no-one ask: Why do young men get so despaired in their
>> lives, that they bomb themselves away? Why are they so disappointed
>> about our world, about their future in this world that they hope
>> for salvation in a promised heaven?
>
> This is something I've never figured out.
>
> It's apparently no secret that the Muslims want us dead. But I
> haven't got the vaguest idea *why*.

Okay, you already oversimplicate it. :-(

It has nothing to do with Islam. Religion is just a vehicle to carry an
oversimplied message. Why simplified? So it can be understood by people
without education.

As always: It is much easier to blame other people for own misery. That
principle works exactly the same "here" (in Western Europe and Nothern
America) and "there" (the Eastern Hemisphere, the Muslim world etc.)

The only way to overcome such thinking is: education and enlightenment.
But instead of investing in schools and universities we "invest" in
armament and support apologists of stupidity, not only in Muslim
countries, also in our own ones. :-(

If you want to understand the native people in Iraq or Afghanistan:

Imagine, you have to grow up a land where some foreign troops would have
occupied your country? If they would behave arrogantly like "world
sheriffs", kill native people here and there without regard whether they
are men, women, children? If you and every friend you still have would
have victims of the war in his own family. People who are dead or
severely wounded by a war you don't understand, a war that you didn't
have begun. Of course, due to war there is no regular economy, no jobs
for your parents. You just don't know how to survive the next weeks.

And due to war there is also no regulary school for the pupils, since
many many years. The only bit of education you received in your whole
life you got from your local religious leader or from local combattants
that also won't tell you the truth, but you have absolutely no chance to
figure that out. You trust them, because there is nothing else to trust
in your little war world.

But they tell you: "If you want to take revenge for your father, your
dead uncle and your injured niece, just come with us and we will give
you to eat and to drink and if we all fight together we will chase away
that bad occupiers and free our country!"

Wouldn't you join them? Especially if the other option would be the fear
that you (and your family) would be suspected to be a collaborateur and
your little brother is killed next day? Of course, you will!

And last, but not least:
Neither the native people in Iraq nor in Afghanistan had a choice
whether they want to live in a battle zone for their whole life. But the
foreign troops ompletely consists of volunrary(!) figthers. Isn't it
understandable that the natives just dislike them already just for that?

Lars R.