POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oculus Rift rules : Re: Oculus Rift rules Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oculus Rift rules
From: scott
Date: 23 Dec 2013 10:58:07
Message: <52b85d8f@news.povray.org>
> Knock yourself out:
>
> http://corticalcafe.com/software_onlineCGHinstructions.htm
>
> They demo it with a red laser; I don't know if that's crucial. (The
> laser wavelength is probably adjustable in the program...)

Bookmarked - will definitely try that. I wonder if an ink-jet will work
just as well...

> Yeah, I've been sat here trying to figure out what the actual DPI of one
> of these disks is.

I estimated 7e9 bits of data (probably an underestimate due to error
correction bits etc) and an area of 17 square inches. sqrt(7e9/17) is
about 20000 dpi.

> Doesn't LightScribe help here? Or does that only allow you to specify a
> grey level, which the device itself then dithers?

Maybe, but you'd probably still have to hack the hardware significantly
to allow the lightscribe functionality to work on the data side of the
disc at a much higher resolution.