POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas : Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Dec 2013 07:02:44
Message: <52b82664$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/12/2013 3:13 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 00:12:46 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>

> The thing for Blender is if you use the Cycles rendering engine, you'll
> want an nVidia higher-end GPU, which will add to the cost.

I don't I use the internal renderer. Then Export a mesh and render in
PovRay. So I think that I will get away without worrying about that. I
hope. :-)

> What I currently use as a laptop is what I bought 2 years ago - a Dell
> N7110 laptop.  8 GB of memory, i7 CPU, integrated Intel graphics.  Gets
> the job done, and is even better than the newer desktop I have (8 cores
> rather than 4).  But it does weigh like a laptop, too.

For Dell read Toshiba and that is me.
The machine needs a spring clean possibly a re-install of all my
applications and a clean up of the services and processes I do not use.
Sigh!

>>> I understand the Acer ultrabooks are pretty good, though.
>>
>> Thanks, I'll have a look at them. It will be a good place to start. I
>> had an Acer laptop the one before last. It might have been the one
>> before that, even. It gave good service and I had no trouble with it.
>
> That's always a promising start. :)

I hope so.

--
Regards