POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell!
From: Lars R
Date: 23 Dec 2013 07:00:01
Message: <52b825c1$1@news.povray.org>
Am 22.12.2013 20:35, schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
>> That's one thing I really look for when I'm looking for a good film or TV
>> series - ambiguity in who the good guys and the bad guys are.
>
> One of the things I look for is WHY is this guy evil?

Don't ask that, because we all know but fear the answer.

You see it in the daily political discussions. Everywhere they shout: We
must fight against "terrorism"!

But nearly no-one ask: Why do young men get so despaired in their lives,
that they bomb themselves away? Why are they so disappointed about our
world, about their future in this world that they hope for salvation in
a promised heaven?

It would be quite easy to stop all of this "terrorism" in a few years:

1) stop to support the preacers of hate with money and political patronage.

2) invest in education in the so-called "3rd world" countries.

But no-one really wants it. Educated people in these countries would be
a threat for our prosperity. But dumb people who shoot each other are a
solid customer for our arms and ammunition for decades.

Moreover: The vivid fear of abstract "terrorism" is a welcome reason to
degrade freedom, human rights and democracy in Western countries.

Hollywood does support this trend by its movies, so the people are
trained to accept "causeless evils" and not to ask "Why are they evil?"

Actually, it works. :-(

			Lars R.