POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oculus Rift rules : Re: Oculus Rift rules Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oculus Rift rules
From: clipka
Date: 23 Dec 2013 05:11:43
Message: <52b80c5f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.12.2013 10:23, schrieb scott:

>> With the Oculus Rift, however, the impression of depth was just perfect,
>> no matter how far or, especially, how close the detail is supposed to be.
>> Even things that are like a few centimeters from your face really looked
>> like they were that close. Nothing looked like I had trouble focusing,
>> nor did I get any image-doubling problems.
>
> This is definitely the future, it's one of those things that you wonder
> why it hasn't been developed sooner already. You have been able to get
> 1080p resolution displays for years that size, the optical principles
> involved have been known for centuries...

I guess it's because earlier attempts to get this flying proved
unsuccessful, so the industry put the idea aside.

I've been wanting one of these ever since back in the '90s. Seems like
the time is ripe for it at last.

Looking forward for Elite: Dangerous with that headgear. (Not that I
expect to be able to afford the Oculus; I might have to beg, steal or
borrow for it.)