POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas : Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Dec 2013 19:13:05
Message: <52b78011$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/12/2013 7:12 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> Most of those needs don't have huge CPU requirements (or memory, for that
> matter).  I'd probably look at a lower speed i7 or an i5 CPU, 8 GB of
> memory.

Other than Pov your right. I agree. But since I think that I will be
concentrating on Blender. PovRay should not be worked too hard.

> I haven't really looked at anything that lightweight in a while, just
> because the costs were more than I wanted to spend.

Me too.

> I understand the
> Acer ultrabooks are pretty good, though.

Thanks, I'll have a look at them. It will be a good place to start. I
had an Acer laptop the one before last. It might have been the one
before that, even. It gave good service and I had no trouble with it.

--
Regards
     Stephen