POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas : Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Dec 2013 14:12:36
Message: <52b739a4$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 08:46:27 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 20/12/2013 5:10 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> Seriously, I am thinking of buying an Ultrabook. Does anyone have any
>> What sort of specs are you thinking?
>>

> That is the problem. The more I think, the more I want and the more it
> costs.

That's usually the case.

> Besides Firefox, Thunderbird, M$ Word & Excel. I want to run Pov, of
> course, and Blender. Half decent sound would be okay, too.
> Almost forgot, low weight is a high priority.

Most of those needs don't have huge CPU requirements (or memory, for that
matter).  I'd probably look at a lower speed i7 or an i5 CPU, 8 GB of
memory.

I haven't really looked at anything that lightweight in a while, just
because the costs were more than I wanted to spend.  I understand the
Acer ultrabooks are pretty good, though.

Jim