POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft support : Re: Microsoft support Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft support
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 22 Dec 2013 12:29:33
Message: <52b7217d$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/12/2013 08:33 PM, Warp wrote:
> Microsoft is traditionally known for software of questionable quality
> (especially on the operating system side, even though they have improved
> in this section since the integrated their NT line into their desktop line)
> and their dubious competitive tactics, especially in the past (eg.
> basically extorting PC vendors to include their OS in all sold machines).
>
> However, has Microsoft ever got a fame of poor-quality constumer support?
> I have not got this impression. (Sure, there are quite many individual
> examples of this, there always are, but has it been a common trend?)

Until very recently, I didn't know you could *get* customer support from
MS. I thought they just sell you the software. I didn't realise you
could actually get *support* for it...

(Then again, maybe that's because I don't work for a massive
multi-national conglomerate with a huge multi-billion dollar support
agreement...)