POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas : Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: M*rn*ngt*n Cr*sc*nt until Xmas
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Dec 2013 05:02:43
Message: <52b6b8c3$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/12/2013 9:07 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 22/12/2013 08:39, Stephen wrote:

>>> Not bad, but I'm waiting for Intel or AMD to produce a working 32 bit
>>> chip.
>>
>> Oh yeah! What next, flying cars and a computer in every home?
>
> According to rumours, I hear that multi-processors will soon be available.

Yes but what use would they be?

> .... as well as sanity on p.o-t :-)

I think that you are way out with this one.

>> Any particular reason?
>> I want to give Toshiba a miss as the sound on my last couple of laptops
>> have been unacceptable. (Stuttering and clipping at low volume.)
>>

> Purely from the experience I have had with their phones. The hardware
> works but the software is less than acceptable (I was going to say sh*t
> but this a family-geared forum)

I liked my SG2 at first but after an update the battery life took a
dive. Fourteen to sixteen hours with low usage. I got a SG3 recently and
am very happy with that. The phone works and the life is about five days
with quite a bit of usage of the audio circuits per day. As for apps, I
don't use many excepting task killer to get rid of the bloatware.

--
Regards
     Stephen