POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oculus Rift rules : Re: Oculus Rift rules Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oculus Rift rules
From: Warp
Date: 18 Dec 2013 12:10:02
Message: <52b1d6ea@news.povray.org>
> If the Oculus Rift manages to provide a sharp image regardless of what
> distance the eye tries to focus at, then that's a big win (and a
> literally incredible feat).

It's not like it somehow senses where you are focusing, but the lenses
allow you to focus to the distance (even though the display is just a
few centimeters from your eyes.)

I don't know exactly how or why, but the depth effect was way better
than with 3D movies. Objects close to the viewer really looked like
being close to the viewer (something I have trouble getting in 3D
movies, as I have mentioned.)

--
                                                          - Warp