POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5 : Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 6 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 6
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Dec 2013 07:13:42
Message: <52b19176$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-12-2013 11:49, Stephen wrote:
> The macro is forming waves in the high spots, though.
> Would it be possible to run the macro with different settings dependent on the
> slope of the ground?

Sorry, there must be a misunderstanding here. There are no waves formed.
The surface of the road with its tracks is a mesh; when the rain falls,
a plane surface is added inside the tracks to simulate water puddles.

>>> I think that if you wrote a tutorial, it would be much appreciated.
>>> In your own time of course. :-)
>>>

>> Not a bad suggestion maybe. I guess there are many who do like me: just
>> mess around without reading the available documentation properly ;-)
>>

> I just read enough to get these things to work.  :-)

Yes, I recognize that attitude ;-) but in the end some more serious
study often becomes unavoidable.

I shall seriously think about a tutorial. There are a couple of things I
still do not understand and some that do not really work as I would
expect them to do, so there is still some work to do but in time I shall
note everything down comprehensively (I hope).

Thomas