POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5 : Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 6 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 6
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Dec 2013 10:26:48
Message: <52b06d38@news.povray.org>
I went back to the drawing board and took up TomTree more seriously with
the Docs at hand. The result is here, in a fair weather view of the
scene, and the stone pines as I intended them.

My experience now shows that it is better to work first on a TomTree
file, with a proof render to see how modelling progresses, and only
after that read it into POV-Tree for a mesh export. Second, only use the
mesh export for distant views and use the blob version for the foreground.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gancaloon_two4joy_09.jpg' (329 KB)

Preview of image 'gancaloon_two4joy_09.jpg'
gancaloon_two4joy_09.jpg