POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft support : Re: Microsoft support Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft support
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Dec 2013 00:24:20
Message: <52ad3d04$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 00:13:54 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 14/12/2013 20:33, Warp wrote:
>> However, has Microsoft ever got a fame of poor-quality constumer
>> support?
>> I have not got this impression. (Sure, there are quite many individual
>> examples of this, there always are, but has it been a common trend?)
>>

> You're probably right. Good support (or at least empathetic support) but
> seriously sh*t software

One thing I've observed over the years of Microsoft products is that they
tend to aim for "good enough" rather than "perfect".  Sadly, that's the
way of things in software creation - the companies that make technically
excellent software - and groundbreaking software - tend not to do as well
because they spend too much on development and not enough on marketing.

Jim