POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft support : Re: Microsoft support Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft support
From: clipka
Date: 14 Dec 2013 20:57:40
Message: <52ad0c94$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.12.2013 02:22, schrieb Doctor John:
> On 15/12/13 01:06, clipka wrote:
>> I won't fully agree with this statement; their primary software
>> development product has been demonstrating exceptionally high quality
>> (at least by MS standards) for a decade or more (except for the
>> documentation).
>>

> May I point out your words "at least by MS standards"

Sure, if you let me not only point out but also emphasize the words
"/exceptionally/" and "/at least/". The only reason I added "(at least
by MS standards)" is that I really can't say how it compares to, say,
IBM's Rational line of products. But extrapolating from my experience
with a small subset of the Rational tools - and other mind-bogglingly
expensive development tools, for that matter - I'd expect MS Visual
Studio to win by lengths.

> and "except for the documentation?

Yeah, because the docs really don't do the product /per se/ any justice.
But I've yet to see a software development product where that is /not/
the case.