POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5 : Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad weather in Gancaloon - wip 5
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Dec 2013 03:29:05
Message: <52a82251$1@news.povray.org>
On 10-12-2013 20:14, MichaelJF wrote:
> I think, you will repair the broken trees soon. Never seen this issue before.

Oh, that is easy: stop render > change tree > restart render with +c  ;-)

> The TomTree palms are the best I agree. Arbaro is not intended for the
> foreground (50 m distance to the cam at least is stated within the docs). In
> some places the city wall looks a little bit "warped" now in comparison to your
> last wip. Or is this due to the added plantation?

Good to know about Arbaro, I had not read that. Still, it can make good
trees but I am painfully struggling with it. Most probably because I do
not always really know what I am doing :-)

> I wonder about this brown structure at the road. May be my eye sight is to low.
> It looks very blurred but the grass to the left seems to be blurred less. If it
> is not only an earth texture, I would suggest to place a wet dog there (or a one
> a little bit more on focus). Otherwise I didn't expected this development of
> your image (from a more desert to a living valley). I like it, well done!

The brown structure /is/ a dog. It is well-focussed too as everything is
in focus here. Using dof makes the render way too slow even with a very
small aperture, so I left that out momentarily.

Concerning the environment: this is not really a truly desertic region.
It looks a bit like the Djurdjura Region in Algeria (I have lived there
for a short time). The proximity of the Mediterranean and the presence
of the River Yann here combine. The desert is not far away however.
Think of the Nile for an analogy.

Thomas