POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : stupidest question ever. : Re: stupidest question ever. Server Time
15 May 2024 08:33:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stupidest question ever.
From: clipka
Date: 10 Dec 2013 22:45:53
Message: <52a7dff1$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.12.2013 03:37, schrieb bob:
>> Am 11.12.2013 00:40, schrieb bob:
>

>> If you're running Windows, the nice big link "Download Windows
>> Installer" straight at the center of the page should do the job.
>>
>> If you're running Linux, you might want to carefully read the "POV-Ray
>> Source Code" section on the page, most notably the sentence about the
>> "github repository". If you follow that link, at the bottom of the
>> sidebar you'll find a button labelled "Download ZIP" that will get you
>> the source code.
>>
>> Have fun :-)
>
> :(  I'm using a Mac.  :(  I'm sorry, I should have indicated that earlier.

The bad news is that unfortunately there is no official Mac version of
POV-Ray yet.

The good news, however, is that there /does/ exist an /unofficial/ Mac
port - which (as far as I can tell from a distance) has a much better
GUI than the official Windows version anyway.

The unofficial Mac port is faithfully maintained by Yvo Smellenbergh;
you should be able to find binaries at:

http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/