POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : miniature figure : Re: miniature figure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: miniature figure
From: clipka
Date: 10 Dec 2013 21:04:10
Message: <52a7c81a@news.povray.org>
Am 10.12.2013 16:01, schrieb clipka:
> Am 10.12.2013 13:26, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> On 10-12-2013 10:46, clipka wrote:
>>> First prototype for a bunch of 28mm figures I intend to have printed.
>>>
>>> Comments welcome.
>>
>> I first thought blobs, but more probable cones/cylinders and spheres,
>> right?
>
> Linear sphere sweeps in this case actually, but only to get me started
> without the math, and I'm currently busy with the transition cones &
> spheres.
>
> Say, does anyone happen to know, off the top of their head, the formula
> for a plane tangent to three spheres?

Now that I've come up with a suitable formula I've indeed transitioned
to cones & spheres, with the odd triangular insert here and there; much
happier with the feet and sholders now. I also modified the head and
tweaked the textures a bit. I think I actually like it now.

I think it's time to give the little brave fellow a name now - "Conen"
will do nicely I guess :-P

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'figz 2013-12-11 0052.png' (1023 KB)

Preview of image 'figz 2013-12-11 0052.png'
figz 2013-12-11 0052.png