POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons and Caustics...artifact or not? : Re: Photons and Caustics...artifact or not? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons and Caustics...artifact or not?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 5 Dec 2013 19:04:22
Message: <52a11486$1@news.povray.org>
jceddy wrote:

> In the meantime I'm fiddling around with the scene itself to come up with
> something where the artifacts aren't so noticeable.

I think the problem is that the light source is so close to the photon
target, causing the spiral to be shot over huge angular extent.

I also wonder about the photon spacing itself ... I would have expected
the spacing between "spiral arms" and photons on an arm to be roughly
balanced. But maybe your setup strongly magnifies them radially?