POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents : Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents
From: andrel
Date: 25 Jan 2014 11:22:43
Message: <52E3E4B2.7060709@gmail.com>
On 25-1-2014 15:01, Stephen wrote:
> On 25/01/2014 12:21 PM, andrel wrote:

>>> Come on. You don't even use an upper case letter in your name. So how
>>> can we believe that? :-P
>>
>> Because it is not my name?
>
> Well, what do you know. And for all these years I thought it was.
>
> "The name Andrel is of English origin."

That is the first time someone pointed out that it may in fact be a
genuine name. Though the jury seems not to be out on whether it is a boy
or a girl name.
Andrel is of course derived from the greek word for man (or possibly in
some other ancient languages too).

cyberspace and e-mail (including p.o-t) I prefer andrel or Andrel.
Other common variants are Andrew (my name at the IEEE), Andrei (numerous
people that can not read very well, or prefer something more common),

is not on a general keyboard), AndreL (someone who thinks he understands
were the name comes from, but doesn't), and occasionally Anderlecht
(autocorrect). And then there are the nicknames by family that are
derivatives from my name.

> The meaning of Andrel is "strong, manly, brave".

Indeed, because of it's non English origin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UtqAwUVl00&feature=share&list=PL78TsyiiZjhHuIpSyDkJVgptMDvnJoauu&index=1

>> In fact it was my login name on machines so
>> old that names were still single case only.
>>

> That did cross my mind but since I did not say it...

At least you were aware that I am a modern fossil.

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.