POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: andrel
Date: 17 Jan 2014 07:26:47
Message: <52D9216C.5040508@gmail.com>
On 17-1-2014 13:06, FractRacer wrote:
> Le 17/01/2014 12:56, scott a écrit :
>>> But human is the only species which can make a choice (ex: kill or not).
>>
>> ?? I thought all animals made choices? Even a single logic gate is
>> capable of making a choice.
> A logic gate know why it make a choice? Human know about his choice. It
> is what I want to say.

chimps decide if and when they go to war with the neighbours. Within the
group there are constant power struggles where the individuals need to
think of who to support.
In order to make us unique you need to combine a number of features.
Like: we are the only species that use sex (rape) as an instrument in
war *and* wear clothes over our skin.
But then there is also just one species of bear that is black and white
and is an exclusive vegetarian.

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.