POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An interesting read : Re: An interesting read Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An interesting read
From: andrel
Date: 13 Jan 2014 05:20:03
Message: <52D3BDCD.6090001@gmail.com>
On 13-1-2014 0:56, clipka wrote:
> Am 12.01.2014 22:21, schrieb andrel:
>

> As for a function's name, I find it very important that it denotes not
> /how/ the function does something, nor just /what/ it does, but also
> with what /intention/.

True, but this is a general case where the point is that there are still
several ways to do things. More specific names are needed lower in the tree.
In this case I would go for something like:

ECG=ComputeECGfromTiming(Timing,VolumeConductionModel,ElectricalModel,
Parameters);

or simply

ECG=ComputeECGfromTiming(Timing,ForwardModel);

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.