POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fun stuff heading your way FAST : Re: Fun stuff heading your way FAST Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fun stuff heading your way FAST
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Nov 2013 13:05:27
Message: <5298d767$1@news.povray.org>
Le 29/11/2013 16:10, clipka nous fit lire :
> Am 29.11.2013 13:09, schrieb Le_Forgeron:
>

>>   2. what is the intended effect ?
>
> The intended effect of the feature per se is to make a given object
> appear to be present in the scene only during a part of the exposure time.
>
> Thus, besides motion blur, it could also be used to simulate double
> exposure. E.g. you might add a "gost" to the image, an object that is
> transparent with respect to the remainder of the scene but opaque when
> it comes to occluding itself.

> Maybe I'll go for "ghost" in the end.

Yes! ghost is perfect. See how you explained it. "ghost" is the natural
term that you came with, and it explains very well the effect.

I was assuming a moving blur due to the multiple instance showed, not
realising it had to be explicitly repeated.

Go For ghost!

(Not to be confused with ghoti, which would be pronounced as fish.)