POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fun stuff heading your way FAST : Re: Fun stuff heading your way FAST Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fun stuff heading your way FAST
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Nov 2013 07:09:49
Message: <5298840d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 29/11/2013 12:19, clipka a écrit :
> Am 29.11.2013 10:05, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> Just a rapid test of the blink patch, with James Holsenback's beautiful
>> metallic texture.
>
> BTW, I'm still looking for a smarter name for that keyword. Anyone have
> any suggestions?

only a few suggestion & hints via questions:
 1. what is the syntax ? Is it something like

  foobar { object MyObject repetition 20 movement ...

? Or something totally different (like photon adding blocks everywhere ) ?

 2. what is the intended effect ?
 3. how is it achieved ? and would that be the only forever way to
achieve it ?

 4. remember that short but significant name are best.
 5. Is there something similar already in another domain.

Your candidat is "blink", but we are rendering static image (no animated
gif output!), and blink reminds me of a tragic extension of Internet
Explorer.

The effect on first post of thread make me think of the after-effect
that was used in the "Flash" serie (post 90's)
so I could suggest:

 * flash_effect (not my favortie at all)
 * drag / pull / dragging / moving
 * shutter_drag
 * blurry / blur
 * moving_supersampled
 * motion_trails
 * motion_blurred
 * trails
 * motion
 * shutter_control
 * shutter
 * slow_shutter
 * slow
 * extended_exposure

And of course, use a synonym website to find correlated name/verb until
you have the perfect match.

The term in photography is shutter drag, or dragging the shutter, but
it's just a bit too long for my taste. (and there is the option to add a
flash point (or many) for a more solid capture of the subject along its
course).

What do you think of "blurry" ?

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.