POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred reflection : Blurred reflection Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Blurred reflection
From: Sean Day
Date: 28 Nov 2013 18:19:07
Message: <5297cf6b@news.povray.org>
A quick test of UberPov's blurred reflections, not really sure it suits
the lantern which is why I only used a low setting for the roughness.
Probably need to add some surface normals to the paint texture to make
it look more like it should be blurred.

Of course the un-blurred version is also shown for comparison, I added
some SSLT settings to the blurred render for the marble plinth, probably
nowhere near the correct settings for marble but as I was experimenting..

I have to say though this is a great new feature and really easy to
use/control plus with a relatively low level of blurring the performance
is still pretty good (it does slow down though as you increase the
roughness).

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lantern.png' (731 KB) Download 'lanternblur.png' (775 KB)

Preview of image 'lantern.png'
lantern.png

Preview of image 'lanternblur.png'
lanternblur.png