POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vision : Re: Vision Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vision
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 26 Nov 2013 18:35:30
Message: <52953042$1@news.povray.org>
Am Sat, 23 Nov 2013 16:53:06 +0100 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> The Prime Minister of The Netherlands is proud to be a man without any
> vision: "Vision is like an elephant that blocks the view".
>
> <sigh>
>
> Thomas

"Wer Visionen hat, soll zum Arzt gehen." (engl. "Those who have visions
should go see a doctor.") Helmut Schmidt, German chancellor from 1974 to
1982

Well I think it points at a criticism of having ideas without thinking
how to realize them. What is the difference of a vision to a plan or an
aim? You can have long term plans as well but there you have a path
leading to it. Vision could mean that you know where you want to go but
don't care to think about how to get there.

Might be some similar mentality of northern germans and dutch for
rational thought processes and refusing ideas which go beyond that. If
that is a good thing or not is probably a matter of mentality and
taste :).

Florian