POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UberPOV 1.37.0.0-beta.2 released : Re: UberPOV 1.37.0.0-beta.2 released Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:10:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UberPOV 1.37.0.0-beta.2 released
From: clipka
Date: 24 Nov 2013 08:02:30
Message: <5291f8e6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.11.2013 13:05, schrieb Jaime Vives Piqueres:

>> Now with basic support for motion blur.
>
>     I just started to try to apply reflection blur to my christmas
> baubles... but found a problem even before starting:
>
>     As a first test, I just changed the version directive and rendered it
> with UberPOV, and the garland was missing. Checking my ugly code, I
> found that trace() seems to not be working at all. The attached simple
> scene shows the problem: on 3.7 you get some scattered spheres, as the
> trace() call finds an intersection point with the plane, but on UberPOV
> all the spheres get placed at <0,0,0>, as the intersection test seems to
> fail (normal is also 0).

I've already stumbled across - and fixed - this very bug myself
yesterday :-)

In case you are using Linux, or have access to Visual Studio 2010, you
may want to get the latest code from the "master" branch at
https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV.

I would have rushed out a new beta already, but haven't found the time
yet; it'll probably happen no sooner than tomorrow. Windows users might
want to use the older beta.2 until then.

There is another bug in beta.2 that breaks SSLT; again, both beta.2 and
the current master branch are fine.