POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Headless Laptop : Re: Headless Laptop Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Headless Laptop
From: Doctor John
Date: 23 Nov 2013 06:56:56
Message: <52909808$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/11/13 06:08, Jim Henderson wrote:

> I haven't tried removing the screen and booting it, but replacing a
> laptop screen isn't difficult - I think I found a spare for an old Dell
> laptop I have around here on eBay for pretty cheap.  I know I found
> motherboards there as well.
>
> Jim

Good point. However, firstly the only screens I can find are in the £60
range and the machine ain't worth that (data's all backed up, so no loss
if scrap it). Second, I was thinking of letting The Feegle have it to
watch Peppa Pig on. If I put a box round it, it would look like Pappi's
machine and he'd feel very grown up. :-)

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents