POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ariadne's Garden : Re: Ariadne's Garden Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ariadne's Garden
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Nov 2013 07:21:52
Message: <528dfae0$1@news.povray.org>
On 21-11-2013 11:15, MichaelJF wrote:
> Thank you both for your comments. I'm not quiet sure if I will revisit the scene
> very soon, mainly due to the long rendering time. But your comments are valuable
> hints for future scenes.

PC's get faster all the time ;-)

> Indeed the lighting is a main problem here. Since it should be at night I cannot
> have to much light in the scene. May be that is why Tim mistook the bronze for
> stone. If I revisit the scene some day I will place some additional lanterns
> behind the camera at least. In the image above there are 14 dim lanterns placed
> around the green. The only other light sources are the emissive media within the
> building.

I think there is a problem with the /dim/ lanterns then. The scene seems
to be lighted by quite strong projector lights, especially from the
right hand side, casting marked shadows across the garden. If only the
lanterns are the exterior lighting, then the scene should be much darker
imo. Maybe fade_distance and/or fade_power should be adjusted besides
the strength of the lights?

> And as ever Christoph is right completely. The camera was not adjusted
> correctly. I ever thought there is something odd but overlooked the obvious.

Ah! I am relieved. I thought so too.

Thomas