POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ariadne's Garden : Re: Ariadne's Garden Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ariadne's Garden
From: Tim Cook
Date: 20 Nov 2013 18:15:13
Message: <528d4281$1@news.povray.org>
On 2013-11-20 16:51, MichaelJF wrote:
> Traditionally I post 1920x1080 wallpaper versions of my TC-RTC entries here. In
> this case the total rendering time was about 3 weeks but I had to suspend the
> rendering times and again so it took some months for the final wallpaper
> version. I know that this image is not really liked by all here than by me but
> here it is: Ariadne's Garden.

The stone of the statuary seems a bit too glossy/unstone-like, and I
initially mistook Theseus' roll of twine for a wine-bottle.  Trees on
the left seem a bit evenly-lit, as do the buildings in the background.
Maybe play around with more local lights, if that's something of an
option?  Maybe add small ground-spotlights to the foreground garden, too?

--
Tim Cook