POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : UberPOV : Re: UberPOV Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UberPOV
From: clipka
Date: 20 Nov 2013 10:03:39
Message: <528ccf4b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.11.2013 13:47, schrieb Ive:
> Nothing serious, just throw some stuff together this morning - to make
> it render really slow: isosurfaces, area lights, focal blur, radiosity,
> photons and most important (this was the whole point) blurred
> reflections for all used materials.

Loooooove it!

I think the gold should use less diffuse though - it somehow kills the
metallic feel. (Rule of thumb: Never, ever, use diffuse on metals. At
least not as long as you have blurred reflections at your disposal.)

> What not (yet) seems to work is AA method 3 (see second image). Those
> block artifacts (that do resemble the render blocks) do not even go
> completely away with extreme settings.

Drat. I remember those artifacts - I thought I had eliminated them a
long, long time ago.

Thanks for reminding me what that change does that hadn't made it from
my dev environment into Perforce yet before I stalled development on
UberPOV for the last few months... >_<

Submitted them to Git right now. You mind trying again?